Machine Maintenance Technician
Job Order Number: 201911 & 201912
Position: Machine Maintenance Technician
Hours: Day Shift
Apply in person or Send resume to:
- LaCroix Optical Co.
- Job Order Number 201911 & 201912
- P.O. Box 2556
- 50 LaCroix Dr.
- Batesville, AR 72503
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Repairs, builds, tests, troubleshoots and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment and systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required
- Overtime hours may be required, if needed
- Applies proper safety measures, protecting themselves and others from injury as well as protecting the equipment from damage. Many areas of the plant and most maintenance tasks require eye protection.
- Installs, programs, repairs, and maintains automated machinery, controls and equipment.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Utilizes the appropriate test equipment, including multi-meters, ammeters, oscilloscopes, gages, etc. to safely measure voltage, current, resistance, pressure, etc. when debugging or troubleshooting equipment.
- Replaces defective components and aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, tests, and maintenance.
- Enters information, changes into computer, controls to upgrade or repair machine operating programs according to manufacturers or supervisors directions.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment to determine logical preventative measures.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and assists personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Works with Maintenance Supervisor to maintain an appropriate inventory of repair and replacement parts for production machinery. Stock, clean and organize spare parts shelves or locations as required.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit. Pulls wires through conduit. Connects wiring to light fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Fully understands the power requirements and ensures the safety status of equipment before applying electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic power to equipment or processes. If not sure, ask.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Cuts and welds steel structural members.
- If no duties assigned, self-starts and actively seeks out any outstanding maintenance issues by way of lists, input from production, or self-assessment. Communicate with lead people or supervisors before beginning unplanned maintenance tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance or Electronics Technician preferred. Equivalent technical or military school may be considered as well as a combination of appropriate education and work experience. Knowledge of hardwired electrical controls, programmable controls, servo systems, 3 phase power, hydraulic and pneumatic systems is desired, as well as basic computer skills. This position may require an industrial electrician's license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate mathematical relationships of electrical properties. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply methodical troubleshooting techniques to various systems. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is designed as a safety sensitive position because a person working in this position under the influence of drugs or alcohol, including medical marijuana, may constitute a threat to health or safety, which includes but is not limited to working with hazardous or flammable materials, operating, repairing, maintaining, or monitoring machinery or motor vehicles.
EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran Employer
Deadline to apply: 06/21/2019